What will I learn?
Applied anatomy & physiology;
- The structure & function of the cardio-respiratory system
- Structure and function of the musculoskeletal system
Types of training;
- How to optimise training & prevent injury
- Use of goal setting to enhance performance
- How arousal affects performance
- Develop knowledge on personality types and how these suit different sports
- Types of sponsorship & the media
- Positive & negative effects of technology
- Ethical issues in sport.
How will I be assessed?
Two 1 hour 15 mins exams evenly weighted at 30% each. (60%)
Practically assessed in 3 activities (30%)
Analysing and evaluating performance (10%)
Are there any entry requirements?
A love and passion for both the practical and theoretical side of sport. To be competing in a sport out of school and/or the understanding of picking at least one sporting enrichment each term.
Where could it lead?
A level PE and BTEC courses. Universities offer various courses such as Sports Science, Sports Coaching, Sports Journalism or even Sports Photography, leading to careers such as: coaching, sport and exercise science, personal training, outdoor education.
What would complement this course?
Double or triple GCSE Science.
Do you have a question about this course? Email the Subject Leader